We found this recipe on AllRecipes.com.
What you will need….
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.The recipe tells you to grease the pan, not to use cupcake liners. I would recommend doing it that way as it worked much better on the second batch — we just did it this way because I figured it would be a fun thing for our toddler to do while I was mixing the other ingredients. 🙂
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, and 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined.
- Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.
We didn’t do this part in any sort of order. He would point to the random open cups and tell me that it needed ‘more’.
As you can see, we sort of made a mess. See his reaction? That was what I was thinking at this point too. 🙂5. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
We used this time to make some pretend cupcakes. 🙂6. While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted butter in a bowl.
7. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
8. Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted margarine, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
8. Let cool and serve.