I found this recipe off of Pinterest and was excited to try it. After trying the KIND brand Maple Pumpkin Seed with Sea Salt bars through Birchbox, I have been disappointed to not find this flavor it stores and have been looking for something similar to make myself ever since. I made a few changes from the original recipe.
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds *
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds *
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 3/4 cup rice krispies
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt**
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon**
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- flax seeds to sprinkle on top
**Next time I make them I plan to use less sea salt and cinnamon or try mixing it into the peanut butter/honey mixture so they mix in better. These flavors seems a little too strong.
- Toss together sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, rice krispies, dates, sea seal and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together peanut butter and honey and microwave for 30 seconds or until warm & gooey.
- Line a loaf pan or small 9×9 pan with parchment paper so that the paper also covers the sides as well as the bottom of the pan.
- Press the mixture into the pan & top with flax seeds.
- Press down with plastic wrap, leave covered and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or over night before eating.
- Wrap individual bars in parchment paper & enjoy!