After looking through about a dozen recipes and trying to decide on a taco bake or a taco salad, I found this recipe for a taco bake and decided to make a combination of the two (sort of).
-1 lb. hamburger
-1 pkg. taco seasoning
-8 oz. sour cream
-1 pkg. crescent rolls (8)
-(1) 8 oz. can tomato sauce
-1 can diced tomatoes (optional)
-1 c. shredded cheese
*Instead of adding diced canned tomatoes to the taco bake, I cut up fresh tomatoes to top it with after it came out of the oven along with onion, lettuce and cheese.
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, tiny bit of water (I used the amount recommended on the taco seasoning), and diced tomatoes (Optional, I left these out) and let simmer.
- In a Glass 9 Inch x 13 Dish , press out crescent rolls and roll them to form crust
- Layer hamburger mixture, sour cream and then cheese.
- Crush about 3/4 of a bag of Doritos and put them on top. *If you happen to be snacking on this ingredient during the first 4 steps, I learned it’s hard to gage what 3/4 of the bag is based on what’s left… 🙂 Once it’s covered with a layer of chips, you know you’re set though.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min.
- Have diced tomatoes, onions, lettuce and shredded cheese available for the topping (this is the ‘taco salad’ part).