I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and knew we had to try it. I only made a couple changes from the original recipe and it turned out great!
- 1 Box (16 oz.) of Lasagna Noodles
- 10 oz. of cooked Spinach
- 1 1/2 grilled boneless chicken breasts, diced
- (2) 16 oz. jars of Alfredo Sauce
- 4 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese *I used 3 1/2 Cups
- 2 Pints of Ricotta *I used 1 Pint
- Salt & Pepper to taste *I didn’t add this before baking
- Diced Tomatoes (optional) – *Not in the original recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and one jar of Alfredo sauce, stir together. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta and drained, cooked spinach, and stir.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, place one layer of lasagna noodles, edges overlapping. Pour chicken and Alfredo sauce mixture over noodle layer and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over chicken mixture. Top with another layer of noodles. Spread spinach mixture evenly over noodles.
- Pour 1/2 of the jar of Alfredo sauce over spinach mixture, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle another cup of mozzarella over sauce, lay on the final noodle layer and top with remaining 1/2 jar of Alfredo sauce, 2 cups of mozzarella *I used 1 cup instead which was plenty, and salt and pepper to taste. *I did not add the Salt & Pepper before baking and didn’t think it needed it after.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until top is brown and bubbly.
Once it was done baking, we left the option to sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper or diced tomatoes to the top.
To go with it, I made some garlic toast by lightly buttering a couple pieces of Tuscan Pane bread, sprinkling some Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend (lightly) and some Parmesan Cheese. This was toasted in the toaster oven until the top of the cheese is golden brown.
It turned out great and will definitely be included in our favorite-dinner rotation. 🙂