A new favorite in our house – Pork Chops with Sautéed Apple Slices!
Here is what you will need:
– 1 Large Granny Smith apple
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 1/4 cup minced red or yellow onion
– Large clove garlic, minced
– 2 boneless sirloins or loin pork chops (about 12oz)
– 1 tsp butter
– 2 tsp packed light brown sugar
– 1/2 cup apple juice
– 1 tsp cornstarch blended with 2 tsp cold water
-2 tbsp Calvados, brandy, or dry sherry
– 2 tbsp minced chives
1. Peel, halve, core, and thinly slice the apple
2. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Push to the side.
3. Add the pork chops and brown both sides, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
4. Add the butter, brown sugar, and apples and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
5. Return the chops to the chops to the pan.
6. Pour the apple juice over the meat. Cover & simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
7. Stir in the cornstarch paste and cook until thickened.
8. Add the calvados and stir to blend.
9. Sprinkle with chives & enjoy!